Tuesday, October 18, 2011

For all those Readers of "Bob's blog" who wish to scold me for my Antics, my crazy Dancin', or what they imagine to be my Overall Craziness, I don't want to disappoint your rich fantasy lives, so here are some more Crazy Dancin' Photos.


For all those Readers of "Bob's blog" who wish to scold me for my Antics, my crazy Dancin', or what they imagine to be my Overall Craziness, I don't want to disappoint your rich fantasy lives.  Therefore, in accordance with an order of the Middlesex County Superior Court, I hereby post the following "Bob's blog" story about my detour last Friday night from the very packed disco dance floor at Mezzo Grille to the not-so-busy Titanium Club, both in sleepy old Middletown, Connecticut.

Now, I do sincerely hope and pray that any of you who think I need to be forcibly medicated or committed to the custody of the Psychiatric Security Review Board on account of the fact that I'm now a LIVING, BREATHING, and DANCIN' OLD DUDE, take time to make your concerns known to all the other readers of "Bob's blog" by posting Comments after this or any other "Bob's blog" post.  Please feel free to do so Anonymously, as I would not want your reputation to be sullied by being perceived by any unsuspecting reader as an actual Friend of mine.

Without further ado, here are the photos and commentary, copied directly from my Facebook Wall:

Robert Dutcher   Last Friday night, when things lulled a bit in the dancing at the Mezzo disco, I wandered back over to the Titanium Club on Main Street, in sleepy Middletown, CT, mind you, so it's not all that exciting, as, say, NYC or LA would be. Now the head waitress there, Ms. Ashlee F. Cheeks, accidentally bumped into the Old Dancin' Dude while she was carrying a tray of shots around for those who wanted to whet their whistles with liquor. Now I, the Old Dancin' Dude, only drink water when I'm out dancin', so I didn't want a shot. However, it must have been that Ms. Cheeks was slippin' or fallin' down or somethin' untoward, so I just gentlemanly-like made sure she did hit the deck with her cheeks, if ya' know what I mean. The good thing is, as a Retired Former Serious Trial Lawyer, averted another Personal Injury Claim for Loss of Coccyx or Consortium, by assuming the position demonstrated in this photo taken by the professional photographer which Titanium hires to document all potential Personal Injury Liability Claims, in the event any of these should come to litigation for Money Damages and other Get-Rich-Quick Schemes.




Copyright: Joe Crawford. All rights reserved You may tag friends or use this photo, but please do not crop or alter it in any way

 ·  ·  · 54 minutes ago

  • Freedom Miller likes this.

      • 25 minutes ago · 

      • Robert Dutcher The above photo was taken last Friday night, so the Mezzo disco was PACKED but they don't have a professional photographer taking pictures, as the Titanium Club does. But because it was Friday, and everybody was at Mezzo, the above photos show a relatively empty dance floor. If you look below for the photos taken of me at Titanium the preceding night, last Thursday, I think you'll be able to see that the dance floor was packed at Titanium then.
        23 minutes ago · 
    • Freedom Miller How big is this place, Bob?
      about an hour ago · 
    • Robert Dutcher Two floors. Best night is Thursday night. Friday and Saturday it's generally best at Mezzo disco. I like both places, but I'm just reporting my observations about where the crowds seem to go on the various nights of the week.
      29 minutes ago · 
    • Robert Dutcher When you say how big, it's the former Camp's Clothing Store, later Pedal Power before they moved to the former Bacon Brothers Plumbing Store, and then the Firehouse Bar and Restaurant. If you want estimated dimensions of each floor, I can give you that. When it's packed, e.g. on Thursday night, very late, there are several hundred young people--and the Old Dancin' Dude, yours truly, if I'm there--dancin' to the DJ, whose perch is up on the second floor, in a little triangular area overlooking the first floor.
Now this photo was taken after I saved Ms. Cheeks's cheeks or coccyx from bein' injured when she nearly fell in the club proper. See photo, below, for earlier part of the story. The Comment on Titanium's Facebook page by Micki Esposito Charton says she thinks I look a little like Steven Spielberg. Now I think I've got a MUCH prettier wife, and I don't have Steven's MONEY or FAME, and I've got more HAIR on my HEAD, but other than that, some people have said I look like the ET director when I'm wearin' my Wesleyan Class of '71 40th Reunion hat, like I was that night. What do YOU think?

Copyright: Joe Crawford. All rights reserved You may tag friends or use this photo, but please do not crop or alter it in any way

 ·  ·  · 26 minutes ago



Now I stayed around Titanium a bit, before walkin' over to The Shadow Room, where there's a somewhat blacker crowd and an even cooler vibe, and danced a bit near the Titanium stage. These girls are obviously havin' a good time, 'cept as often happens, the guys are too worried 'bout lookin' COOL and not makin' FOOLS of themselves, that they just stand around watchin' the rest of us Dancin' Fools, ...See More

Copyright: Joe Crawford. All rights reserved You may tag friends or use this photo, but please do not crop or alter it in any way

 ·  ·  · 22 minutes ago

No comments:

Post a Comment