Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A brief "Susie Update" the day after her neck fusion surgery

Thanks for bearing with me today.  I haven't found inspiration to put fingers to keyboard to write today's Bob's blog entry until now, just minutes before Wednesday passes away and Thursday begins. I hope you agree that "better late than never." I started this piece at 11:45 p.m. Wednesday and now it's 12:55 a.m.  In between there was time for a break to munch on some pistachio nuts and take a gulp of water.

Brief Susie update the day after her neck fusion surgery


Susie is beginning to make her comeback from yesterday's neck fusion surgery.  She was not groggy today, as she was yesterday.  She finally got out of bed and is walking again, although she had to regress to using a cane to maintain good balance.  She's eating solid food.  And she's again making minor complaints about my behavior and trying to issue me instructions about one thing or other, which, as usual, I'm resisting.  In short, the Susie I've come to know and love for nearly 43 years is.......back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment