Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bob's "Nights at the Mezzo" aka "A Night At The Roxbury" - a funny music video - "What is Love"

By popular demand, I post this funny four-minute clip of Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan from Saturday Night Live in the comedy movie "A Night at the Roxbury."  I've only seen this compilation of scenes from the movie, as Susie has never been interested in getting us NetFlix and I haven't been motivated to get NF nevertheless.

Anyway, my good friend and neighbor, John Porter aka JJ aka JP aka Johnny (in my lexicon), suggested that I could find a wider audience for "Bob's blog." JJ suggested I post candid video on YouTube of me dancing with 21 to 30-year-olds at the Mezzo Grille disco on Friday and Saturday nights.  Also, post video of me dancing mostly solo, with a few brave souls joining in sometimes, at the Mezzo's outdoor patio before the usual Friday and Saturday night audience of several hundred 20-somethings.

JP's friend, Mick, had a brilliant additional suggestion.  Call my YouTube posting "A Night at the Mezzo (a la "A Night at the Roxbury" with Bob from Bob's blog," and include in a subtitle the internet web address of "Bob's blog."  That title would immediately associate my candid video with "A Night at the Roxbury" and perhaps provoke a larger response from YouTube browsers and syndicators.

There are more and more people taking I-phone video of me dancing, both in the Mezzo patio and the disco, but I've been having such a good time dancin' that I haven't yet bothered to ask anyone to e-mail me some good, post-able clips.  Until then, here's the YouTube compilation of scenes from "A Night at the Roxbury," to show you what I'm talkin' 'bout.  It's pretty funny, so enjoy.

 http://youtu.be/9L3uE3xKnt0       Link to a four-minute compilation of scenes from "A Night at the Roxbury," to the music of the song "What is Love."

Over and out.......

No comments:

Post a Comment