Thursday, October 31, 2013

To Bali, to Bali---A High Adventure

I'm looking forward with great anticipation to my upcoming trip to Bali, Indonesia, where my son Tim lives and teaches children the usual elementary school subjects as well as organic farming and beekeeping.  He lives with his girlfriend in Ubud, Bali. The airplane trip is long and grueling.  I fly from JFK to Taipei, Taiwan, a 16-hour flight, then sit at the Taipei airport for another 4 hours.  The final leg of this long journey is a  5-hour flight from Taipei to Denpasar Airport, Bali.  It'll all be worth it once I get to Tim's place and adjust to the 12-hour time difference, which itself will be a mammoth undertaking.  Half-way around the globe and just miles below the equator.  I'm psyched for this adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Bob. Bali is on my list also. I hope your able to give us updates on your trip.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob! No new posts? I hope you survived Bali...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted all about my trip on my Facebook page, where you can see them, plus photos.

    ReplyDelete